marți, 23 martie 2010

(play, 1909)

The hall at Dedborough Park. Entrance at left from the vestibule, main approach to the house, etc. Entrance centre from the terrace, gardens, park itself, etc. Entrance at right from other reception-rooms, ‘saloon’, etc. BANKS, the Butler, comes in from left, ushering LORD JOHN, and a minute afterwards LADY SANDGATE appears, entering from the terrace with a folded telegram in her hand.
BANKS
No, my lord, no stranger has arrived. But I’ll see if anyone has come in – or who has. (Then as he perceives LADY SANDGATE, who has not heard the foregoing.) Lord John, my lady. (Exit BANKS to left.)
LORD JOHN
I luckily find you at least, Lady Sandgate – they tell me Theign’s off somewhere.
LADY SANDGATE
Only in the park: open to-day for a school-feast from Dedborough – as you may have made out from the avenue; giving good advice, at the top of his lungs, to four hundred and fifty children.
LORD JOHN
(Amused.) Oh, he’s so great on such occasions that I’m sorry to be missing it.
LADY SANDGATE
I’ve had to miss it – I’ve just left them. But he had even then been going on for twenty minutes, and I dare say that if you care to take a look you’ll find him still at it.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu